Magic Bean Chocolate cake
Most of you have been asking for the recipe for the Magic Bean Chocolate cake I made at the nutrition night. The one with the kidney beans!! Its Gluten free, nut free and High protein. Great for kids as beans also count as a vegetable!!
It is a thermomix recipe but Im sure it would work in a good food processor too.
• 400g tin of kidney beans (or 4 bean mix) drained and rinsed
• 1 Table spoon water or coffee (I used coffee)
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• 70g raw cacao or cocoa
• 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarb soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 125g Butter
• 5 eggs
• 140g sugar or coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
1. Puree the beans, water/coffee, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. SP 7 if using a thermomix if not high speed in food processor until a puree is formed. Set aside.
2. Without washing the bowl, beat the butter and sugar, SP 5 30 seconds in thermomix, or use food processor until combined
3. Add the remaining eggs & beat for 20 seconds SP 4 in thermomix, or until combined in food processor
4. Add bean mixture SP 4 5 seconds in thermomix or until combined in food processor
5. Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend SP 4 10 seconds in thermomix or until combined in food processor
6. Pour batter into greased ring tin pan and bake MOD oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This GLUTEN FREE / NUT FREE /HIGH PROTEIN cake is wonderfully moist and works with most canned beans. Chickpeas work but they have a bit of a strong taste. If you use a round tin it will take a few minutes longer to bake.
You can also use oil instead of butter to make it dairy free – but butter is better!!
You can also make it in muffin tins which take about 20 mins to cook.